Why this seminar is important
- Dizziness and balance problems have been reported in up to 90% of patients with a traumatic brain injury.
- They can occur even after minor head injury and are often a complication of muscular-skeletal injuries.
- Balance problems are frequently undiagnosed or misdiagnosed by treating clinicians and medico-legal experts; many claimants are only diagnosed after claims are compromised.
- Vestibular injuries can be significantly disabling and interfere with general neuro-rehabilitation, cognitive functioning and mood.
- Targeted treatment can bring about significant improvement and facilitate efficacy of therapy for other injuries.
- This seminar is led by a team with niche, highly specialist experience of vestibular disorders in the clinical and medico-legal context.
What this seminar will cover:
- Vestibular disorders, how to identify symptoms.
- Proving a vestibular injury and the importance of diagnosis.
- The importance of getting the right expert report at the right time.
- Valuing a vestibular injury (general and special damages.
- Treatment options and the impact on a claim/defence.
- Tactical approach to claims involving vestibular injuries.