The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre
P.O. Box 482032
Gate Village, DIFC
We are delighted to announce the details of our Dubai ADR seminar on Wednesday, 27 March 2019. This one-hour evening seminar will consist of a panel of four leading experts in mediations and ADR, who will focus on mediations in the UAE/GCC, the Singapore Convention and its likely effects on arbitrations, and the pros and cons of expert determination and early neutral evaluation.
The event will be followed by drinks and canapés in the Ritz Carlton Olive Garden Terrace.
The full programme and list of speakers can be viewed below.
Please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch to confirm places in due course.
||Mediation in commercial matters where families are involved: Zoe Giannopoulou, European Institute for Conflict Resolution
- The elements of a family business conflict and why they are different from other types of business conflicts
- Different theories on resolving family business disputes using techniques ranging along the continuum from litigation to mediation
- Discuss what course of action is desirable
||The Singapore Convention: Rahim Shamji, ADR-ODR
- Why was there a need for the Singapore Convention?
- How will the Singapore Convention affect mediation especially in enforcement of settlement agreements?
- Will the Singapore Convention affect the use of Arbitration in international cases?
||Mediation in the UAE/GCC: Dilpreet K. Dhanoa, Squire Patton Boggs
- Mediation through different lenses: is there a Middle Eastern perspective?
- Mediation in practice throughout the GCC and wider Midde East.
- Mediation: a place in GCC disputes?
||Expert determination and early neutral evaluation: PJ Kirby QC, Hardwicke
- What are Early Neutral Evaluation and Expert Determination?
- Why has Early Neutral Evaluation had such limited appeal?
- Why might Expert Determination be preferable to arbitration or litigation?
||Drinks & Canapés in the Olive Garden Terrace