Daniel Gatty and James Hall will be speaking on various topical land registration issues, covering cases such Scott v Southern Pacific Mortgages Ltd in which Hardwicke’s Daniel Gatty and Lesley Anderson QC appeared in the Supreme Court and the recent decision of the Court of Appeal about indemnities and overriding interests in Swift 1st Ltd v Chief Land Registrar.
Lesley Anderson QC will chair the seminar.
Topics to be covered include:
- Alteration and rectification of the Register and indemnities – a refresher and practical issues
- Gold Harp Properties v MacLeod: retrospectivity in rectification
- The Court of Appeal’s recent decision in Swift 1st Ltd v Chief Land Registrar on indemnity in fraud cases
- The unlamented death of Malory Enterprises v Cheshire Homes
- The Supreme Court on priorities and overriding interests in Scott v Southern Pacific Mortgages Ltd