The long-awaited decision in the Ilott v Mitson case was finally handed down by the Supreme Court on 15 March 2017. The judgment in the now infamous case raises a number of questions for the legal profession.
- Issues aired in the case including:
- The meaning of maintenance
- The treatment of Charitable beneficiaries
- State benefits as a resource
- Tax or Benefit efficient structuring
- How to approach the balancing exercise
- The Supreme Court Decision
- The Unanswered Questions
- Practical considerations going forward
Please note that due to popular demand, places for this event are limited. Please register your interest using the fields below and we will confirm your attendance in due course.