Local authority lawyers face particular challenges in heading off potential claims and responding to those which do get brought. This 90 minute seminar looks at the practicalities of responding to judicial review claims and includes:
- What are the first things to do on receiving a letter before claim?
- When and how should a local authority settle a claim?
- What can be done about legal costs?
- Responses to letters before claim
- Obtaining the evidence for an Acknowledgment of Service
- Useful points to make when resisting permission
- Taking the case forward if permission is granted
- Settlement and costs
Hardwicke is appointed as panel counsel to numerous public authorities and members are experienced in all aspects of local government public law.
Speakers Alison, David and Anna are regularly instructed in public law claims.