Book publication: ‘Risk and Negligence in Property Transactions’, edited by John de Waal QC
Hardwicke is delighted to announce that John de Waal QC’s new textbook, Risk & Negligence in Property Transactions, has just been published by The Law Society. The book is available for purchase here.
Fresh off the press, the book takes an in-depth look at the various stages that take place, and specific issues that may arise, on the acquisition of land. It identiﬁes the risks faced by solicitors acting for the buyer, seller and lender that may give rise to liability in negligence.
It is essential reading for solicitors who are instructed in relation to transactions concerning commercial and residential property, as well as litigation solicitors and barristers.
A list of contents appears below.
- Client care, John Clargo
- Investigating and reporting on title, Justin Mason
- New properties and NHBC, Louis Zvesper
- Pre-contract searches and enquiries, Justin Mason
- Residential leasehold properties, Jamal Demachkie
- Commercial leases, Daniel Gatty
- Conditional contracts and options, John de Waal QC
- Mortgage lending, Andy Creer
- Planning, Simon Rickets and Spencer Tewis-Allen
- Environmental issues, Angus Evers
- Insolvency, Amanda Eilledge
- Exchange of contracts, Lina Mattsson
- Completion, Carl Brewin
- Remedies for failure to complete, Jamal Demachkie