Simon Kerry & Michael Levenstein co-edit new edition of Construction Contractual Handbook
The fifth edition of the Construction Contractual Handbook has just been published. It has been updated by John Bradley, Managing Partner of Reynolds Colman Bradley, and Simon Kerry barrister and Michael Levenstein barrister, both of Hardwicke, with support from Marion Rich barrister and Deborah Harrison solicitor both of BCSA Limited.
The Construction Contractual Handbook is an essential tool which sets out the law and contracts for specialist and main contractors alike and indeed anyone else involved in construction, in a compact and accessible way.
- Includes a reminder about the formation of a contract.
- Contains a chapter explaining some of the most common onerous clauses or changes that sub-contractors might come across.
- Addresses the need to maintain vigilance throughout the duration of the contract, ensuring certificates are issued at the right time, variations and any disputes are properly managed and claims procedures are followed.
- Includes chapters on Scottish and Irish law.
- Contains useful checklists as a reminder.
While it was originally written for steelwork contractors, the Construction Contractual Handbook is equally applicable to other specialist contractors and main contractors.
New additions including updated chapters on Scottish and Irish law have been included through the support and contributions of David Wilson, Partner MacRoberts LLP and Shona McCusker, solicitor at CMS who have contributed the chapter on Scottish law. Niav O’Higgins, Partner and Head of the Construction & Engineering Group, Arthur Cox and Claire Kavanagh, Associate of Arthur Cox have contributed the chapter on Irish law.
You can see more details and purchase the book here.