North America overview
Some examples of our recent work:
- Acting for a US corporation in relation to a dispute with a Saudi business who acted as agent in relation to the procurement of a $500m state contract in Saudi Arabia.
- (UNCITRAL Arbitral proceedings) acting for a US IT company in proceedings against US and Hong Kong parties in a dispute over the provision of telecommunications services in the US and Hong Kong.
- Appearing in a €300 million international arbitration involving the demerger of a high-level partnership between two billionaires operating via companies in multiple jurisdictions including BVI, Russia, Ukraine, Canada and Guernsey.
- Advising the board of a US oil company in Chapter 11 in relation to a threatened derivative action in England.
- Advising a US investment fund on recovery of an investment in Maltese companies operating assets located in England.
- Advising a US bank defending a $120 million claim on the extent of duties of good faith owed by banks under English law.
- LMAA U$2.6 million claim by a US commodities broker for breach of an agreement to supply iron ore under an amended FOB (free on board) contract to China.
- Acting in a €300 million arbitration involving the demerger of a high-level partnership between two billionaires operating via companies in multiple jurisdictions including BVI, Russia, Ukraine, Canada and Guernsey.
- Acting for a US based yacht distributor in an LMAA arbitration against an Italian yacht builder.
- Instructed by the Securities and Exchange Commission appointed receivers in the enforcement of U$1.75 million of North Carolina judgments relating to fraudulent payments from a ‘Ponzi’ scheme.
If you would like to discuss instructing us, please contact Richard Sumarno or James Duncan-Hartill.