Latin America overview
Some examples of our recent work:
- A £4 million dispute concerning the importation of luxury boats into Brazil.
- Represented a number of Brazilian “administrators”, in a £12 million claim brought in the High Court against English and Scottish plcs, as well as the Florida subsidiary.
- $100m infrastructure arbitration in Machu Picchu, Peru.
- UNCITRAL U$20 million dispute for breach of exclusive distribution agreement under Brazilian law, representing a Brazilian company against a Chinese, state-owned company.
- Dispute involving a Brazilian upstream oil & gas company in respect of a JV, formed to design and construct a new type of FPSO, in excess of £360 million.
- High Court claim for £1.5 million brought by a Paraguayan company against US company and English subsidiaries in the FX sector, in respect of alleged debts arising from a deficit caused by the compulsory insolvency of a bank, by the US government.