Europe & Channel Islands overview
Some examples of our recent work:
- US$ 400 million commercial dispute between two Russian billionaires involving assets in Guernsey, BVI, Cyprus, Switzerland, Canada and Russia.
- Multi-jurisdictional dispute and the coordination of a freezing injunction for an eight figure sum against the Dutch parent company.
- Igelski v Scamp (Gibraltar): Advising employer’s liability insurers arising out of the death of a commercial diver whilst working on a vessel in Gibraltar harbour.
- Providing expert evidence on English law regarding res judicata for use in proceedings in the Netherlands concerning the enforcement of a judgment debt of c.£25 million against persons alleged to be privees of the judgment debtor.
- A roof and fire protection system claim relating to a shopping centre in Vienna.
- Dealing with the fallout of the demise of Enterprise, a large insurance company based in Gibraltar which operated in UK, France, Greece, Italy and Ireland with over 760,000 policyholders.
- Advising and trial assistance to Tier 1 law firm in relation to a complex Unfair Prejudice Petition tried in the Royal Court of Guernsey
- Wrongful termination of an IT outsourcing contract in Malta.
- Advising an employer’s liability insurer arising out of the death of a commercial diver whilst working on a vessel in Gibraltar harbour.
- Repayment of loans to the Bank of Cyprus.
- £45m claim concerning the delay and consequent cost of accelerating certain works on the Trans-Anatolian gas pipeline.
- Acting for the main contractor of the biggest construction project in Ireland, the Dublin Waste-to-Energy Plant in relation to various multi-million £ adjudications.
- Claim relating to the failure during construction of infrastructure project in the Netherlands.
- $25m claim regarding failure of a smelting plant in the Netherlands.
- ICC arbitration conducted in English applying English law but with the seat and place of the arbitration in Turkey.
- £60m dispute regarding the construction of an offshore windfarm.
- USD$20 million Kazakh law governed dispute arising from a natural resources infrastructure project.
- SCC arbitration of Russian/UK entity in a €820k dispute against a Swiss manufacturer, in respect of a contract governed by Swiss law, for failure to deliver on the basis of a void variation entered into with the end-buyer.
- LCIA arbitration acting for a European company in proceedings against various Cypriot concerns in a £multi-million claim under a share purchase agreement.
- ICC arbitration acting for an English company in £multi-million proceedings against a Scandinavian concern in relation to an exclusive supply agreement.
- ICC arbitration acting for an English concern in proceedings brought against it by a German Company, in Swiss seated arbitral proceedings, over the supply and installation of allegedly defective solar energy equipment.
- Advising in connection with the enforcement of judgments ad orders procured from European Member state (and other courts) in England and Wales.
If you would like to discuss instructing us, please contact James Duncan-Hartill.