Middle East overview
Some examples of our recent work:
- LCIA arbitration for €12 million in respect of Indian origin sugar traded in the EU and US by a Dubai company.
- Claim by US company in relation to a Saudi business who acted as agent in relation to the procurement of a $500m state contract in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a party to a US$1 billion joint venture operating in Dubai regarding various financing disputes with its co-joint-venturer.
- Complex commercial/high tech dispute concerning the proper working and sale of satellite capacity for mobile phones in Pakistan and whether the system to be supplied by Mauritian company O3b for Dubai company Interactive.
- Dispute relating to a multi-million £ joint venture entered into by a prominent member of the ruling family of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi relating to a group of companies in Cyprus, Greece and England.
- Multimillion £ claim concerning the catastrophic failure of a number of oil wells in the Middle East.
- £20 million ICC arbitration concerning a sulphur processing plant in Ruwais.
- $150m USD dispute following a catastrophic explosion at a titanium dioxide smelter in the Middle East.
- Advising a client in Dubai in relation to a dispute with its broker based in England and its bank based in Singapore.
- $50m claim due to failure of new power generation facility.
- $20m claim regarding the construction of residential tower in Dubai.
- $10m LCIA arbitration regarding the sale of sugar from India and Dubai to Europe and the US.
If you would like to discuss instructing us, please contact James Duncan-Hartill.