Catherine Piercy and Martyn Griffiths will provide a refresher on the time limits for bringing contract, tort and statutory claims, as well as looking at how you may be able to buy more time in certain circumstances. They will also highlight some common limitation pitfalls and provide practical tips on how best to deal with limitation issues when they arise.
In summary, the seminar will include:
- A refresher on time limits in contract, tort and statutory claims
- Special limitation rules regarding latent damage
- Postponing limitation periods for fraud, concealment and mistake
- Acknowledgment and part payments
- Amendments to statements of case
- Common pitfalls