** Please note that this seminar is now fully subscribed. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to the reserve list and/or e-mailed the seminar hand-outs **
The seminar is aimed both at those who practise in insolvency law and those who practise in employment law. It will consider some of the main issues which arise when a business ceases to trade including:
- The rights of and liabilities to the workforce of an insolvent employer:
- The employment status of the workforce and what differences this might make.
- The different types of insolvency (administration, voluntary/compulsory liquidation) and the obligations of the employer/the IP towards employees.
- Consultation under TULRCA and TUPE 2006 in the context of insolvent employers:
- Who needs to consult? With whom and when? What does “consultation” mean in this context?
- What are the liabilities associated with inadequate consultation at the various stages and on whom do they fall?
- General Q&A and panel discussion.
Drinks and Canapés: 19:30