This zoom event organised by the Northern Administrative Law Association (NALA) and the University of York is a live debate on whether the Human Rights Act 1998 is fit for purpose, if reform is needed, and what form any reforms should take. The debate will reflect a range of views on both the Human Rights Act and what reforms are needed.
The panel will be:
- Sam Karim KC (Chair)
- Mr Justice Fordham (Chair)
- Baroness Hale, Former President of the UK Supreme Court
- Professor Graham Gee, Professor of Public Law, University of Sheffield
- Sir Stephen Laws KC, Former First Parliamentary Counsel
- Professor Joe Tomlinson, Professor of Public Law, University of York
Reserve your place here.